BoingBall Medal.TV ShortCode Plugin
- Plugin Name: BoingBall Medal.TV ShortCode Plugin
- Plugin URI: https://www.boingball.uk/medaltv-get-latest-posts
- Description: A plugin to connect to the Medal.TV API to get the latest posts from a UserID – Use the shortcode in a page
- Version: 1.2
- Author: BoingBall
- Author URI: https://www.boingball.uk/
- Usage : [MedalTV videos=x title=0 or 1 grid=0 or 1] – Default Values is 1 video with Grid turned off and Title turned on
This Plugin allows you to display your Medal TV Latest videos using the shortcode [/medaltv/]
== Description ==
Use this Plugin to get your MedalTV Clips and add them to a WordPress Page with the Shortcode [/medaltv/]
Settings for the Application are available under – WordPress Admin > Settings > BB MedalTV Plugin
== Installation ==
- Upload “boingball-medaltv-shortcode-plugin.php” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Get a Medal Private API Key from https://docs.medal.tv/api.html
- Find you Medal UserID by visiting your page and checking the URI – For instance my Page is https://medal.tv/users/3971756 – 3971756 is my UserID
- Enter your MedalAPI Key and UserID on the Settings Screen – WordPress Admin > Settings > BB MedalTV Plugin
Available under – WordPress Admin > Settings > BB MedalTV Plugin
Medal Private API Key – get yours from https://docs.medal.tv/api.html
Medal UserID you want to show – Get this by visiting your medal page the URL will show the number
Options on Shortcode
videos=x (x being the number of videos to fetch from MedalTV
title=0 (0 to disable the Video title display)
grid=1 (1 turns on a 2 video per row grid)
Example of this short code in action
No Settings Specified
Had to drop the Grenade on this guy....
No Title Displayed
== To-Do ==
Medals iFRAME does not work on mobile phones – I think this is a Medals.TV Problem as a Raw IFRAME test gives the same output.
== Changelog ==
= 1.2 = 05/10/2021
- secured the inputs and outputs of the admin panel
- added Grid Format for wide pages
= 1.1.1 =
- Missing a ? causing Autoplay to start
= 1.1 =
- Settings Menu Added
= 1.0 =
- Initial release.
Hope you enjoy!